This recipe is a wonderful combination of apples, cherries and chocolate. Yumm Yumm 😉
Ingredient for 12 Apple Cherry Muffins:
250g of flour
130g of brown sugar
200ml of cherry juice
1 big apple
1 hand full of cherries
120ml of oil
1 tsp. of vanilla powder (or 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract / the seeds of 1 vanilla bean)
2 tsp. of baking soda
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
- Halve the cherries and remove the stems and stones. Quarter the apple, remove the core and cut the apple quarters in small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a big bowl mix flour, brown sugar, vanilla powder, baking soda, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the cherry juice, oil and lemon juice and mix all ingredients thoroughly to a firm dough. Add the apple pieces and mix the dough again.
- Fill the muffin cases, top it with the cherries and bake 25 minutes.
- Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for 5 minutes.
Trixilie and I wish you lots of fun preparing and eating your Apple Cherry Muffins 🙂
Hugs and Kisses
P.S.: You want more muffins? Try these Baking Colouring Recipe!