This is a really great summer recipe. If you like to eat pasta, but don´t like the heat of cooking, this is your solution 😉
beetroot pasta with spicy tomato sauce
ingredients for 2 people:
2 precooked beetroots,
300g of tomatoes,
1 red onion,
1 garlic clove,
1/2 rosemary stem,
1 thyme stem,
1 tbsp. olive oil,
1 pinch cayenne,
1/2 tsp. of salt,
1 tbsp. of balsam vinegar,
1 tbsp. of tomato paste
1 basil stem
- Cut the tomatoes in little pieces and cut off the green stem base. Chop the rosemary and thyme. Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Sauté lightly for 2 minutes. Add thyme, rosemary and tomato paste and stirring for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne and salt. Let everything simmer for about 10 minutes, stir from time to time.
- During this time cut the root beet in „fettuccine“ with a potato peeler or in „spaghetti“ with a vegetable spiralizer (use disposable gloves). Place the root beet noodles on two plates.
- Chop the basil leaves. Put the tomato sauce on the root beet noodles and serve it with basil.
Enjoy your red pasta 😉