This muffins are delicious to salads, soups and barbeques. Because of the apple they are just a tiny bit sweet and this is perfect for the Brussels sprouts.
Brussels sprout muffins
ingredients for 12 muffins:
300g of Brussels sprout,
300g of flour,
1-2 tsp. of green curry paste,
2 tsp. baking soda,
200ml of oil,
200ml of rice milk,
20g of pumpkin seeds,
2 tsp. of salt,
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts stalk. Cook the Brussels sprout in hot salt water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the onion. Quarter the apple, remove the core and cut the apple in small pieces. Chop the pumpkin seeds.
- Mix in a big bowl flour, baking soda, onion, apple, pumpkin seeds, curry paste, oil, rice milk, salt and lemon juice with a wooden spoon to make a firm dough.
- Strain the Brussels sprouts through a sieve. Quarter 2/3 of the Brussels sprouts and mix into the dough. Fill the muffin cases with the dough. Halve the rest of the Brussels sprouts and top it on the muffins.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy your Brussels sprout muffins 😉