A sweet and savoury meal for every season.
Ingredients for 2 people:
350ml of cranberry juice
150g of precooked kidney beans
250g of tomatoes
2 tbsp. of brown sugar
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp. balsam vinegar
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. of ground pepper
a bit chive as topping
- Peel and halve the pears. Remove the core. Plane the pear halves a little bit (so they could better lye on the plate).
- In a pot, mix the cranberry juice and the sugar and bring it to the boil. Add the pear halves and let it simmer at a low heat for 20 minutes. After this the pear are red.
- Meanwhile rinse the kidney beans in cold water. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. In a pan, heat up the oil. Add the onion and garlic and fry it at a medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar, kidney beans, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and mix it with the kidney beans.
- Serve the Cranberry Pears with Bean Salad on two plates and top it with chive.
Hint: You can drink the rest of the cranberry juice.
Enjoy your Cranberry Pears with Bean Salad 🙂