The best combination ever: cucumber, avocado, pistachio pesto and rocket… delicious 🙂
Ingredients for 2 towers:
1/2 cucumber (approx. 160g)
40g of leek (if you like, just the green end – so the tower is more green. You can use the white end for this recipe)
40g of rocket
2 tbsp. pine nuts
4 stems of basil
100g of pistachios (unsalted)
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
4 tbsp. of olive oil
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- In a pan, toast the pine nuts without oil. Peel the garlic. Chop halve of the rocket.
- In a blender, place the pine nuts, basil leaves, pistachios, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper and the unchopped rocket. Blend all into a smooth pesto.
- Halve the cucumber half lengthwise and remove with a spoon the seeds. Cut the cucumber into small cubes. Halve the leek lengthwise and wash it thoroughly. Then chop the leek. Halve the avocado lengthwise, remove the stone and peel the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork. Mix the avocado, cucumber, leek, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Place a ring mold in the middle of a plate. Place the half of the cucumber salad into the ring mold and press it slightly down. Remove the ring mold carefully. Place the half of the pistachio pesto and half of the chopped rocket on the top of the cucumber salad. Repeat this with the second half of the cucumber salad, pistachio pesto and rocket.
- Serve the Cucumber Avocado Tower with brown bread.
Enjoy your Cucumber Avocado Tower 🙂