These Muffins have apple inside and outside… delicious 🙂
Ingredient for 12 Apple Cherry Muffins:
300g of flour
2 apples (approx. 450g)
200ml of almond milk
160ml of oil
140g of brown sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla powder (or 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract / the seeds of 1 vanilla bean)
2 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
if you desire: 1 tbsp. of raisins and 1 tbsp. of chopped almonds
- Finely grate the yellow peel of the lemon and squeeze the juice from it. Quarter the apple, remove the core and cut the apple quarters in small pieces. In a bowl mix the lemon juice, apple pieces and cinnamon. (If you desire raisins and almond: add the raisins and chopped almonds and mix all ingredients.)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a big bowl mix flour, brown sugar, vanilla powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the almond milk and oil and mix all ingredients thoroughly to a firm dough.
- Fill the muffin cases with halve of the dough, top it with the halve of the apple mixture, top it with the rest of the dough and top it with the rest of the apple mixture. Bake the muffins 25 minutes.
- Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for 5 minutes.
Trixilie and I wish you lots of fun preparing and eating your Double Apple Muffins 🙂
Hugs and Kisses
P.S.: You want more muffins? Try these Baking Colouring Recipe!