Easter is the beginning of spring. That means it is the time of blossoms, fresh greens and flowers. So we thought Flower Muffins would be great for your Easter 🙂
Ingredients for 12 Muffins:
3 bananas (we prefer very ripe bananas)
100ml of apple juice
250g of flour
100ml of oil
100g of sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 pinch of salt
a bit of chocolate spread / jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Peel and chop the bananas. Quarter the pear and remove the core. Chop the pear. Place the bananas, pear, apple juice, oil and vanilla extract into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the banana smoothie and mix all ingredients to a firm dough. Fill the muffin cases.
- Bake the muffins in the oven on the middle rack for approx. 20 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool down for 5 minutes.
- Quarter the apple and remove the core. Slice the apple quarters. Cut one third of the apple slices (you can nibble the thirds 😉 ). Place a bit of the chocolate spread / jam on each muffin. Place 5 mint leaves on each muffin. Place the two-third-apple-slices on the mint leaves (offset). Place one raspberry on each muffin.
We wish you lots of fun with this recipe.
Tomorrow we will show you a delicious Raspberry Mint Tea.
Hugs and Kisses
Trixilie & Bea
P.S.: Do you need an Easter gift? How about the Colouring Recipe Book “vegan Muffin-Art“?