A great combination of onion and rosemary
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
300g of spelt flour
225ml of soy milk or rice milk
3 (red) onions
2 tbsp. of oil
100ml of oil
1 garlic clove
1 tsp. of chopped rosemary
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 tbsp. (apple) vinegar
2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of pepper
1/2 tsp. of chopped chilli (if you like you muffins hot)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Peel the onions and garlic. Halve the onions and slice them thinly. Chop the garlic. Heat up 2 tbsp. of oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic and rosemary and fry for 2 minutes (stir every now and then).
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and chilli.
- Add the soya milk, 100ml of oil, vinegar and the fried onion garlic oil mixture. Mix all ingredients thoroughly to make a firm dough. Fill the muffin cases.
- Bake the muffins in the oven on the middle rack for approx. 30 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool down for 5 minutes.
Enjoy your Onion Rosemary Muffins 🙂
Hugs and Kisses
Trixilie & Bea
P.S.: Here are a lot of muffin colouring recipes