Easter is the best time for a tarte – especially a tarte with green asparagus. Asparagus is THE spring veggie and taste delicious with peas. The asparagus taste fresh and the peas a bit sweet…. mmmmhhhh…. So we combined them into a great tarte 🙂
Pea Asparagus Tarte:
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes
Rest time dough: 1-2 hours
Bake time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for four people:
5 tbsp. of oil
5 tbsp. of water
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 bunch of green asparagus
200g of peas
1 potato (approx. 100g)
1 tbsp. of peanut butter
200ml of water
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of vinegar
1 spring onion
- Dough: Place all ingredients into a bowl and knead it into a firm dough. Form a dough ball, leave it in the bowl, place a towel over the bowl and place the bowl for 1-2 hours into the fridge.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and leave it for 15 minutes. Then roll the dough and place it in a pastry dish / pie dish / tarte form (diameter: 26cm).
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place the peas, peanut butter, water, salt and vinegar into a blender and blend until smooth. Peel the potato and grate it into the pea smoothie. Peel and chop the spring onion, cut off the dry end of the asparagus. Place the onion onto the dough. Add the asparagus and finally pour the pea smoothie into the dough form. Place the pastry dish / pie dish / tarte form to the oven (middle rack) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove you tarte out of the oven and leave to cool down for 10 minutes.
We wish you lots of fun with this recipe.
Tomorrow we will show you delicious green Ladybugs-Muffins.
Hugs and Kisses
Trixilie & Bea
P.S.: Do you need an Easter gift? How about a 5 weeks Meal Plan?