Ladybugs are a typical Easter decoration. So let´s bake green ladybugs muffins… mmmhhh… delicious 😉
The muffins are totally green (the dough is with peas and the topping with avocado) and on top sits a cute ladybug. A sweet and fresh combination.
Pea Lime Avocado Muffins
Ingredients for 12 Muffins:
250g of fresh or frozen peas
250g of flour
250ml of apple juice
100ml of oil
150g of sugar
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp. of a chocolate spread
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Place the peas and 200ml water into a pot. Cook the peas on medium heat for 5 minutes and drain them. Peel two green stripes of the lime, half and squeeze the lime. Place the peas, apple juice, oil, vanilla extract, one lime peel stripe and the half of the lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the pea smoothie and mix all ingredients to a firm dough. Fill the muffin cases.
4. Bake the muffins in the oven on the middle rack for approx. 15 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool down for 5 minutes.
5. Halve the avocado, remove the stone and place the avocado flesh, last lime stripe and lime juice into a blender and blend until smooth. Place with a tablespoon the avocado cream on the muffins.
6. Cut off the green ends of the strawberries. Halve the strawberries and place one half on each muffin. Create with the chocolate spread a head, wings and dots on each strawberry ladybug (you can use a toothpick or the end of the handle of a spoon).
We wish you lots of fun with this recipe.
Tomorrow we will show you a delicious Cucumber Lime Mint Drink.
Hugs and Kisses
Trixilie & Bea
P.S.: Do you need an Easter gift? How about the Colouring Recipe Book „vegan Muffin-Art„?