Over the last weeks we showed you different tarts (Pea-Asparagus-Tarte and sweet Peach-Beans-Tarte) but sometimes a traditional / classical meal is the best. So we show you a really simple Strawberry Rhubarb Tarte recipe. Grab your little darling and start to prepare it 😉
Strawberry Rhubarb Tarte
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes
Rest time dough: 1-2 hours
Bake time: 30 minutes
Ingredients For four people:
5 tbsp. of oil
5 tbsp. of water
1 pinch of salt
50g of sugar
200g of strawberries
100g red rhubarb
2 tbsp. of cornstarch
250ml of cherry juice (or apple juice, but then the tarte is not so red)
1 pinch of salt
a few raspberries
- Dough: Place all ingredients into a bowl and knead it into a firm dough. Form a dough ball, leave it in the bowl, place a towel over the bowl and place the bowl for 1-2 hours into the fridge.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and leave it for 15 minutes. Then roll the dough and place it in a pastry dish / pie dish / tarte form.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 4.
- Remove the green end of the strawberries and rhubarb. Halve the strawberries and place them into a blender. Cut the rhubarb into small pieces and place them into the blender. Add cherry juice, cornstarch and salt into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the strawberry smoothie into the dough form. Place the pastry dish / pie dish / tarte form to the oven (middle rack) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tarte out of the oven and leave to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Cut the lemon into small pieces. Place the lemon, mint and raspberries on the tarte.
We wish you lots of fun with this recipe.
Tomorrow we will show you a delicious Flower Muffins.
Hugs and Kisses
Trixilie & Bea
P.S.: Do you need an Easter gift? How about the Colouring Recipe Book “Trixilie´s very first recipes“?