It is green, a bit crunchy and looks fantastic 😉
stuffed zucchini with pea humous
Ingredients for 2 people:
2 small zucchinis (each 200g),
350g of peas,
1 tbsp. of salt,
1 clove of garlic,
1 bunch of parsley,
1 tsp. of cumin powder,
1 small green chilli pepper (if you like the hot taste),
3 tbsp. of sesame seeds,
2 tbsp. of almond cream,
20g of peanuts
- Cook the peas in a pot of 1l salt water for about 10 minutes, then drain in a sieve.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Halve the green chili pepper, remove the seeds and chop the pepper. Chop the parsley. Halve and squeeze the lemon.
- In a blender, place the peas, salt, sesame seeds, cumin, onion, garlic, chili pepper and parsley and blend it all into a smooth humous.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4. Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond cream and lemon juice. Chop the peanuts.
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise. Hollow out the inside with a teaspoon and leave the shells about 0,5 or 1 cm (it depends on how much you like to eat of the zucchini). Pour the humous into the zucchini halves and place the halves on the baking paper. Sprinkle the zucchinis with the almond lemon mixture and peanuts. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove the zucchinis from the oven and place them on two plates.
Enjoy your stuffed zucchini with pea humous 🙂
P.S.: This recipe was shared with Meat Free Mondays